Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Magic - Daughter of a King

So I can't believe that I haven't blogged for 3 weeks - where does the time go? Yikes!  Well I'm back - I hope. Someday I'm going to get a handle on my life and actually be organized and balanced....yea, I always say that but I'd really like it to happen soon!




So I know you probably have all heard it and seen it all over the news and such, but there is a new princess - Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - and she is beautiful.  I have a fascination with the England Royalty, ever since Kate married Prince William. I stayed up late to watch their wedding on tv and I've enjoyed watching their family grow. I love their little family with the cute Prince George and now Princess Charlotte. I just love seeing a royalty family be so happy and you know "normal." I know we only really see what the press tells us, but I just think they are so cute and a family that I would like to really meet and get to know. I just think Kate is a good person and such a good role model.  And I guess thinking about a real Prince and his Princess having their "happily ever after" is enchanting to me.


One of the things I've been thinking about and that has always been important to me is remembering that we are all Daughters/Sons of a King. Our Heavenly Father is our true king and we are all his sons and daughters which makes us all princesses and princes. We are all special and no matter what, our Heavenly Father truly loves each one of us. We are not alone in this world - he is always here for us - only a prayer away. His Son and our brother, Jesus Christ is always there for us too - he suffered and died for us so we could live here on earth and then return to our Heavenly Father. We are all family and each of us has the wonderful potential to be a queen/king.

One of my very favorite songs is a song by Jenny Philips and she released it several years ago, when I was a leader of young women of my Faith. The theme for that year was Daughter of a King (the song title as well) and it just meant so much to me and I felt it was so important for our daughters and the young women of the world to realize that they are truly princesses and have the potential to grow up to be such wonderful women. 

Because we are all princesses/princes, we owe it to ourselves and to our Heavenly Father to be the best we can be. Yes, we all make mistakes and we struggle - but we all can do better. We are His Children - we can rise up and be the best we can be. Just because we are born as princesses/princes, doesn't mean we don't have to work and become better - we have the potential - we just have to endure and show our Heavenly Father who we really are. 

I hope that I can instill these things into my children's souls. They are important - we all are - we are royalty - our King loves us - we have the potential to be beautiful wonderful people - but we have to work at it - its not just given to us. We have to let the Savior into our lives and we have to be kind and honest and work towards all the good values in life. By doing so, we can reach our full potential. It's never too late and we all have our struggles, but we can KEEP MOVING FORWARD and get better every day.




Let me just leave you today with the lyrics to

Daughter of a King 


Do you wonder if he knows who you are?

Do you wonder if he knows the secret pleadings of your heart

He has numbered every sand of the sea
And he longs for you to know that he believes in you.

Can you feel the quiet power from above
Can you feel his strength surround you when your own is not enough
He has blessed you with his spirit from on high
And he longs for you to know what lives inside of you
Oh, be true

CHORUS
Daughter of a king
The father's royalty 
Heir to his divinity 
He's calling your name
To come and take your place before his throne
He has always known
What he created you to be
A daughter of a king

You hold the promises of all eternity
Rise to claim the noble birth right you were sent here to recieve
He has loved you since you lived with him before
Let him lead you to the gifts he has in store for you
Oh, be true

CHORUS

Daughters of a king our father's royalty
Heirs to his divinity
He's calling our names
To come and take our place before his throne
He has always known
What he created us to be.....
Daughter of a king.





Each Monday (that doesn't have a new release), I am going to be offering a little Magic to start your week. It might be a fun idea, some inspiration, a tutorial, or just sharing some 
thoughts - Whatever I feel like! So come back and share your thoughts too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :