Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recipe Thursday - Pretzel Dogs


This week's Recipe:
This is the perfect combination! Yummy salty pretzels wrapped around a juicy hot dog! Make them today!


Pretzel Dogs 
by DeDe Smith

1 ¼ cups warm water
1 ½ t. yeast
3 T. corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
3 to 3 1/2 cups flour

1 package hot dogs 

1 egg white
4-5 tbsp Kosher salt
 



Let the yeast, water, corn syrup, and salt sit in a medium bowl for 5 minutes. 

Add the flour to create a smooth and elastic dough, kneading on the counter to get desired results. 

Let the dough rise until doubled, 30 to 60 minutes. 

After it has risen, divide it into 16 pieces.  Cut your hot dogs in half so you also have 16 pieces.

Take hot dog piece and wrap one of the balls of dough around it and seal it off. Continue with the remaining pieces. Place them a few inches apart on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet.

Cover and let the rolls rise for another 30-45 minutes. 

Gently cut slits in the top of the roll, brush the tops with egg white and then sprinkle generously with Kosher salt.  

Bake at 425 for 10-14 minutes until golden brown.

______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :