Monday, November 5, 2012

Book Review: You Heard It Here First

You Heard it Here First 
by Erin Ann McBride

Book Review by DeDe Smith


Purchase the E-Book
Please visit the author's website


From the moment girl-next-door Haley McAdams met America's Favorite News Reporter Camden Morrison, her life hasn't been the same. Suddenly she has everything she ever wanted- love, money, and career success. But can she handle the pressures that come with it?

One day she's a financial blogger, the next, a TV expert on a political scandal. Her on-air epiphanies, and liberated writing style have landed some powerful men in hot water, and there are consequences to pay.


Just as her career takes off, so does her love life. But the memories of her past make it hard to accept the good things around her. Is her rich and famous boyfriend the real reason for her new success? Does he really love her? Or does he have an ulterior motive too?

Haley is a good girl from a loving family and traditional values, but she knows her way around the world of finance and politics. She may be virtuous, but she is not naive. And if there is one thing she has learned, it is that money is the root of all evil.



This book was such a surprise for me! I had the opportunity to review it and so I took it, but because it was a political fiction - I didn't expect to love it as much as I truly did!  Personally, politics have never been my thing - I leave that for my husband. But this book drew me in with its characters, plot, and moral values. I loved the strong, modern woman that Haley is and enjoyed the special looks into her character, her personality and into her thoughts. She just felt like a "real" woman - one that everyone can relate with. I loved the very likeable male character and their love story. I enjoyed the conversations, the adventures, the mysteries, and even the political situations in this story.  Even in the midst of moving, I couldn't wait to pick it up at the end of the day to read. It was the perfect book full of romance, family values, independence, and living your dream.

You Heard it Here First is a well-written, engaging novel that left me wanting more and I can't wait to get my hands on more Haley Jo books! I sure hope another one comes soon!


Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author and was compensated for review, but this did not influence my opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :