Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Pretzel Rolls


This week's Recipe:
These are BRILLIANT! Who doesn't love a good pretzel? These have the great texture and saltiness of a pretzel without all the work. Love them!


Pretzel Rolls

1 ¼ cups warm water
1 ½ t. yeast
3 T. corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
1 egg white
Kosher salt


Let the yeast, water, corn syrup, and salt sit in a medium bowl for 5 minutes. Add the flour to create a smooth and elastic dough, kneading on the counter to get desired results. Let the dough rise until doubled, 30 to 60 minutes. After it has risen, divide it into 8 to 10 pieces, form pieces into a ball and set them a few inches apart on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet. Cover and let the rolls rise for another 30-45 minutes. Gently cut slits in the top of the roll, brush the tops with egg white and then sprinkle generously with Kosher salt.  Bake at 425 for 10-14 minutes until golden brown.

______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :