Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Magic - The Little Moments & Motherhood



Each Monday (that doesn't have a new release), I am going to be offering a little Magic to start your week. It might be a fun idea, some inspiration, a tutorial, or just sharing some thoughts - Whatever I feel like! So come back and share your thoughts too!


This week:
I've been thinking a lot about motherhood, balance, and discovering the little moments. I have felt so out of place lately and I just haven't felt comfortable in my own skin. I have felt really "stuck" in a place that is no fun. Many times I feel like I am just failing at my life. I want to change. I want to be a better mom. I want to see the joy in the journey. But I have had a hard time figuring out how to do it. How do I change and how do I pick up the pieces of me and move forward? It seems like it should be easy, but somehow its just not. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud and I'm never going to get out. Do any of you ever feel like this? Do you ever feel like you might as well give up because its impossible (or just too hard) to change?  

I discovered a new website over the weekend (Thanks Melissa)! The articles that they share are amazing. I spent a couple of HOURS on Sunday, reading through them and each of them lifted my spirits and helped me to feel validated and not alone as I struggle through finding out who I really am as a person and as a mom. If you are a mom, you've got to check out The Power of Moms.




I guess I have just rediscovered what I already knew. I'm okay. I've got to give myself some credit. Breathe a bit more and just KEEP MOVING FORWARD. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for me to learn - but it is. I always feel like I have to make some major step and I forget that it's okay to take it a little bit at a time. It's okay to do my best every day and leave it at that and start again tomorrow.


There are 2 posts that especially reached my heart.


The first one is titled "Good Mom" Refined. It reflects on the stereotypes that we put on ourselves to be a "good mom." It focuses on changing the question from What makes a good mom? to How can I be the best mom I can be?   The three ways that the author encouraged moms to become better are these: 1) Start where you are.  2) Focus on your strengths. 3) Do what you love to do.   



The second post is titled Realizing Life.  The author of this post shares her story as a mom of 5 in 4 years. Amidst the chaos, she had a date with her husband to see a play. It was a play that reflected on how precious life is. The post brought me to true tears as she reflected on how it changed her life and how to "freeze frame the joy, slow it down. So I can return to it, handle it, remember."  



So today, I want to encourage you to find an article on The Power of Moms that reaches your heart. Something that helps you to realize your importance and gives you some clarity, as it did mine this weekend! And feel free to share it with us!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :