Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Twice Baked Potatoes + Potato Skins



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
These are so delicious! They make the perfect side dish to any meat. (Try it with next week's Salisbury Steak Recipe!) Plus use the tops as a great Potato Skin hors d'oeuvres!
Twice Baked Potatoes
by DeDe Smith


6 large baking potatoes
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp onion salt
2 tsp garlic salt
salt & pepper
Grated Cheese
Parsley

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Microwave potatoes on high for 10 minutes. Bake in oven until tender, about 30 minutes. Cut off top of each potato (See bottom of this post for a great way to use up the tops of these potatoes.)

Scoop Flesh from potatoes into a medium bowl, reserving shells. Add cream cheese, sour cream and butter to potato flesh.

Beat potato mixture with a mixer set at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes.



Potato Skins:
Leftover Tops from the Potatoes
Olive Oil
Season Salt
Bacon
Cheese

Cut leftover tops into wedges. Coat with oil and season salt. Top with Bacon and Cheese and bake until golden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :