Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Review: All That Was Promised

All That Was Promised by Vickie Hall
Book Review by DeDe Smith



Purchase on Amazon
Please visit the author's website

Please visit the author's blog

When a Methodist minister meets a Mormon missionary, his life is changed forever. But this new convert soon finds himself struggling to recognize the promised blessings of the gospel when violent persecution shakes the fledgling Church in Wales. Told with passion and heart, this triumphant tale is guaranteed to uplift and inspire.


I'm so excited to be able to introduce this great book to you! It was really a wonderful read, especially for those of you in the LDS Faith, like me.

First of all, I LOVED the cover. Maybe its just because I am a designer and a visual person, but it definitely made me want to pick it up and read it. Great colors, great font choice, great imagery, just beautiful.

Inside the book, you will find a wonderful tale of courageous people, who are faced with persecutions as early members of the church. We often hear about the challenges of so many pioneers in the early days of the church and its an amazing reminder of the blessings that we have today. I really enjoyed all the wonderful details of the Welch culture from the descriptions of the landscape to the down-to-earth people to the language and even to certain meals that they would prepare. It was so interesting to pick up on some words in the Welsh language and to hear of their traditions and I loved the food descriptions.

This book was so easy to read and it went by too quickly. The characters were wonderful and I hope to see a sequel! I just can't say enough good about it! I hope you all will pick up this book that is full of challenges, and yet you feel the hope and the faith of these wonderful characters and it leaves you with a stronger testimony. Thank you Vickie Hall for the opportunity that I had to read this book!


Disclosure: I received a copy of this novel from the publisher for review, but this did not influence my opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :