Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life 2011: Week 28




Monday, July 4, 2011


We spent the 4th, participating in the fun Orderville activities! Cody and Becki were nice enough to take Beth and JJ to the town breakfast, while Joey and I slept in a little longer. We watched the really short parade (the 24th parades seem to be better than the 4th ones for some reason) and then went to the town park where the kids got to play some games and win some prizes. Joey and I enjoyed sampling soups and helping judge the Soup Contest, while the highlight of the day for the kids was the big slip 'n slide! We went to lunch at the Soup Town Cafe and spent the rest of the day playing with cousins and visiting. We ended the day with more fireworks and lots of desserts, including Firework Floats that I'm excited to share the recipe of soon! Our #7 Family Fun Activity is spending Independence Day with Family!


Tuesday, July 5, 2011


We left at 7am to go home, and we brought 2 more with us. Whitnee and Garrett are coming to spend the week with us and my kids couldn't be more thrilled! They all konked out in the back of the van, so the trip home was very uneventful. But the rest of the day was! Once we got home, we settled in for a bit and had lunch before heading to the library. We got the kids' new awards and learned some things about different islands. Our #8 Family Fun Activity was spending a few hours at Trafalga, playing miniature golf, going on a 3D ride, playing arcade games, and having Dippin' Dots! The kids had a great time! We also had to do a bit of crafting today - making sculptures and characters with marshmallows and toothpicks (Our #9 Family Fun Activity)!


Wednesday, July 6, 2011


Our #10 Family Fun Activity was taking the Cousins to the movie theatre and seeing Cars 2! JJ was so happy to see it again, and I think they all enjoyed it. Then Our #11 Family Fun Activity was spending 4 hours at the Seven Peaks Water Park. I think this was really the only reason Garrett wanted to come, but he has been a good sport and helped me out a lot. The kids loved the water park and they were wishing that we would have spent the whole day there! They loved the slides and the wave pool. Garrett was really great to take all the kids 0ne-at-a-time down the slides that they could go on. We are definitely going to get season passes next year!


Thursday, July 7
, 2011


Our #12 Family Fun Activity was hiking the "Y". Well, at least we attempted it. I had no idea how steep and hard the trail was. Of course, I am completely out of shape. Garrett was able to make it clear up to the Y, and the rest of us, only made it about 1/2 way. I think the younger kids probably could have made it, but I had to give up. I actually almost passed out. I am really discouraged at how bad out of shape I am. Hopefully I can get better and attempt this again. Anyways, so we had our lunch at one of the scenic stops with benches. Then we went bowling! I think the kids were really tired, because they started fighting a bit, but it seemed to get better a little later.


Friday, July 8, 2011


Becki and Mallory joined us on Our #13 Family Fun Activity, where we went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. We got to see a 3D movie about Dinosaurs and spend some time playing and enjoying the museum. I love the interactiveness of the museum with the fun areas for the kids to learn and play. Unfortunately, since it was raining when we were coming to the museum, I forgot to turn my lights off and that resulted in the battery being dead. I called Joey to come and save us. While we were waiting, we decided to have dinner at the little diner in the museum. It was a little expensive, but not too bad and I think the kids enjoyed having dinner out. Joey was able to get the van started and we took Becki and Mallory home to Payson and then headed home too.


Saturday, July 9, 2011


Our #14 Family Fun Activity was hiking in Payson Canyon. We were able to join Becki, Cody, Mallory, and Ashley and hike up a fun little trail in Payson Canyon that ended in a waterfall. It was a pretty walk, although it was muddy and a lot of people were there that day. It was fun to visit and be together. Since there was so many people there that day, there wasn't really a place to stop and eat, so we took our lunch and had a picnic on the lawn at Cody and Becki's. Then we had to head home to meet Garrett and Whitnee's ride home. JJ and Beth were so sad to see their cousins leave, but it has been a great adventure this week to do so many things. The rest of the day, we just kind of relaxed and enjoyed some time just as a family. Joey rewarded me for handling 4 kids this week, by sending me off to a movie. I saw Larry Crown and it was fun to have a couple hours on my own.


Sunday, July 10, 2011


We are still recovering from all the adventures we had this week - but it was nice to just be our little family again. Our #15 Family Fun Activity is our continuing FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT that we have every Sunday. Tonight we introduced the kids to The Shaggy Dog.



And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :