Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life 2011: Week 25




Monday, June 13, 2011


We spent the morning packing up and saying goodbye to everyone. It was sad to be leaving but also kind of ready to be home too. The kids had fun petting the little kittens with Uncle Clint before we started for home. We had to make a few stops this time - for gas and lunch, to drop off a cooler at Uncle Cody's, and of course we had to stop at Joey's work. We were so excited to see him after a whole week! We had a quick visit before he had to go back to work. We got home and kind of crashed. Joey brought in all of our stuff from the van later - what a good hubby. Its nice to be home.


Tuesday, June 14, 2011


What a crazy packed day today! It started early, dropping Beth off to Soccer Camp and JJ off to his first day of summer school. After we picked them both up we headed off to the school for FREE LUNCH that they have going for the kids all summer. On our way out of the school from lunch, we found a cute little bird that was struggling to fly. He almost got hit by cars several times. I was able to catch him and we snuggled and petted with him awhile before we found a safe place to let him fly away where he was joined by his mother. The kids and I thought he was so adorable and it was such a fun adventure. The rest of the day, I did lots of laundry, picking up the house, and unpacking. Then Uncle Aaron came over to babysit so Joey and I could go on our date. For our anniversary, we bought tickets to see all 3 Lord of the Rings movies in the movie theater. Tonight, was Fellowship of the Ring and it was fun to see it on the big screen again - especially the extended version and getting to see Joey's name in the credits. Years ago, I gave Joey a Christmas present of being a Charter member of the Lord of the Rings club and now his name is in all the movie credits! Very cool!


Wednesday, June 15, 2011


Another day of Summer School for JJ and free lunch for the kids. Uncle Lane dropped by on his way up to his College Orientation and so we got to visit with him for a few minutes. He dropped off the Pizza Kits that we had purchased from him and also some fun little gifts for the kids that he got on his senior trip for them. They loved it! Another full day of laundry and trying to catch up.


Thursday, June 16
, 2011


This week it has been hard to get everything done. I just feel kind of exhausted still from our vacation. But I've been trying to get it all done. But at the end of the day, I just didn't feel like making dinner. So cold cereal was it tonight. I don't think the kids minded too much.



Friday, June 17, 2011


Throughout the week, we have been indulging in the pizza kits that we purchased from Uncle Lane's fundraiser. The kids have enjoyed making their own pizzas! Our van had to go into the shop again today. Good news is that it is all fixed - bad news, more money down the drain. But I'm grateful I have a working vehicle again.


Saturday, June 18, 2011


Joey went to another political convention today and the kids and I hung out all day. I got the last of the laundry finally done and worked on other projects. It was also baking day for my Friendship Bread. I received starters from both my mom and my sister and now, I am hoping to spread some starters around here. It's so yummy!


Sunday, June 19, 2011


Today is our 12th Wedding Anniversary and also happens to be Father's Day. The kids loved finally sharing their cards and notes that they have been preparing for their Daddy. Joey joined me as a substitute in my Primary class today and I loved having him by my side all day. We watched Rigaletto for Family Movie Night.

We didn't do anything special for our anniversary today - since we still seeing the Lord of the Rings movies as our present to each other. But it was just nice to be with him all day. I love him so much and I'm so happy that I am his wife. He is my best friend and I just love the life we share. I love to see him with his kids and its just kind of appropriate for it to be Father's Day today too. Happy Anniversary and Father's Day to my Love!

Happy Father's Day to my dad - whom I love and admire so much. I wouldn't be the person that I am today without him. I hope he knows how much I appreciate and love him.


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :