Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life 2011: Week 24




Monday, June 6, 2011


We are so excited to start our summer adventures! We are determined to try and do 25 fun activities as a family this summer and the kids were so happy to finally begin and we are starting it out with a BANG! Our #1 Family Fun Activity is to spend a week with Grandpa & Grandma Sorensen and Uncles, Aunts, & Cousins. We left this morning to travel to Orderville. We were sad to have to leave Daddy behind, but he had to work and this was the only whole week that we had to do it. The trip down was uneventful and it was good to finally arrive at Grandpa and Grandma's house. We were able to settle into Great-Grandpa & Grandma Sorensen's house and the kids were so excited to be able to stay in bunkbeds! We had a good visit with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Clint and Lane.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011


We were able to spend the day with Aunt Kori, Whitnee, Garrett, & Dustin! The kids loved being able to romp around with their cousins and I was able to have a great visit with my sister and she even got to help me learn some manual settings on my camera. The highlight of the day, was going to the town pool and spending a couple hours splashing around. Whitnee even got Beth to jump in the pool time after time. She has been kind of scared of the water and we need to get her some more lessons - but as long as she had her noodle she would just jump in and have fun. Beth got to have a sleepover with Whitnee tonight too, which she just loves. It was fun to get to hold Dustin. He has gotten so big!


Wednesday, June 8, 2011


We headed up to ranch for a few nights today. Sink Valley is really beautiful and I'm always so happy to be able to share this wonderful place full of memories with my kids. It was great to have some cooler weather and the kids loved playing in the dirt and the tire swing and hanging out with Uncle Clint and cousins Garrett and Colby and of course, Grandpa & Grandma. We got to have our first cook-out and Dutch Oven Potatoes are always on the menu.


Thursday, June 9
, 2011


It was not a great night for me but the kids seemed to be fine. I'm coming down with a cold, which is a bummer, but I'm determined not to let it get me down. We spent a lot of the day at Grandpa's car hill. The kids loved playing in the dirt with all the old trucks that have accumulated up there. Grandpa, Uncle Clint, and Colby are working on an old dune buggy and they spent a lot of time working on that. Garrett was our hunter and he ended up shooting 2 birds, a couple of chipmunks, and who knows what else. I enjoyed visiting and just hanging out with my family while they did all the work and play.



Friday, June 10, 2011


We went into Orderville this morning since Grandma had to work at the store. We got showers, baked some friendship bread, and helped Grandpa move sprinklers so he he could cut hay. Then in the afternoon we headed back up to Sink Valley. Aunt Kori, Dustin, Garrett, and Whitnee came up later and we had a cook-out. Kori and I was able to go on a little photoshoot with the kids so she could teach me more about the manual settings. It was a lot of fun and I need to keep practicing. I love to see all the cousins together - its so wonderful to be around my sister too. Aunt Kori, Garrett, and Dustin went home, but Whitnee stayed with us in the old little house.


Saturday, June 11, 2011


We played at the car hill again this morning and it was just Grandpa, me, and the kids. Colby and Clint had to go into a basketball tournament, so I sort of helped Grandpa work on stuff. All I really did was hand him tools and visit, but it was still nice. Then after lunch, Grandma joined us and we went on a long 5 hour road trip on the Gator. Grandpa needed to check out fences, and ponds, and stuff for the cows. It was the quite the adventure and the kids had a great time. We even got to see the old tree in Birch that about 20 years ago, I and my siblings and friends played in when we were building fence. It was really fun to see it again and take pictures of my kids in there. I can't wait to find the picture that we took when I was kid in it. We looked for it tonight, but we couldn't find it yet. We also saw a couple of huge mushrooms, a waterfall, some deer, and lots of other fun things. I'm so glad Whitnee was there to be with my kids. It has been so great for both of them to be with their cousins. Whitnee informed me that sometimes in the past, Beth has started to bug her when we come down, but that this time, it has been really great. LOL I'm glad to see that Beth is getting more mature and that its been fun for Whitnee too - because Beth adores her! We headed into Orderville after our big trip and dropped Whitnee off at her house and got showered and cleaned up.


Sunday, June 12, 2011


We went to Sacrament Meeting with Grandpa and Grandma today and then Beth got to go to Primary with Whitnee. We then hung out at Uncle Ray & Aunt Kori's most of the afternoon/evening. The kids loved playing games on the trampoline. We watched Wind At My Back with Grandpa & Grandma before bed.


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :