Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life 2011: Week 23




Monday, May 30, 2011


We had a great day as a family. I have been trying to do the Couch to 5K program and get in shape. I'm really struggling, but at least I'm trying. While I ran today, the kids played in the park with their Dad. The Big Carousel Swing was a huge hit and it gave their Dad quite a workout pushing them. We had lunch at McDonalds and spent the rest of the day at home, playing, watching movies, and cleaning.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Today was JJ's class last "Singing Time with the Parents." I have really enjoyed being able to go hear their monthly songs.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011


Today was Foothill Elementary's annual Dance Festival. This is our 3rd year and it was fun to have 2 kids to watch this year. They both had a great time and it was really lots of fun watching.


Thursday, June 2
, 2011


We were so excited to have our butterflies come out of their chrysalis this week! We ended up with 9 beautiful butterflies. This has been such a fun adventure to watch them grow from small caterpillars to Painted Lady Butterflies. We are definitely going to have to order some more caterpillars and watch the process again.



Friday, June 3, 2011


Today was the kids' very last day of school and it was a very short day. I was glad that they both could ride the bus to school in the morning and come back on the bus 2 hours later. The kid were full of excitement and I'm so happy that they both have had such a great school year. I have loved watching JJ come out of his shell more and actually start having friends. I have loved seeing him communicate better. The best thing for Beth that I have seen is how she has gone from just knowing the names and sounds of the alphabet to reading chapter books. She loves sounding out words and reading out loud. It's been so much fun to see her love of reading grow. She has gained some great friendships and learned so much in Kindergarten.


Saturday, June 4, 2011


As a celebration of the end of school, we had plans to see Kung Fu Panda 2. I ended up not feeling well at all, so Joey just took the kids and they went to the movie. It was a huge hit. I am disappointed that I didn't get to go with them, but I'm glad they had such a good time. Joey also spent some of the day with his brother, after he came and mowed our lawn for us.


Sunday, June 5, 2011


We were so excited to get to go to a baby blessing today. Our nice Alicia recently had a beautiful baby boy, Brody and we were happy to finally get to meet him. Joey was able to be a part of the priesthood circle and he bore a wonderful testimony during the meeting. After coming home, we spent the rest of the day packing for our Orderville trip, having family movie night (Rio Bravo was this week's movie), eating, and letting our beautiful butterflies out into the world. A very good day!


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :