Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Cheesy Garlic Bread



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
I made this bread with the lasagna recipe that I shared last week! It's AMAZING!


Cheesy Garlic Bread
by Mel from My Kitchen Cafe

5 garlic cloves, finely minced
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 18-20-inch baguette or loaf of french bread, sliced in half horizontally
1 1/2 cup shredded white cheese (First time I made this I used Parmesan and Mozzerella, but the second time, I only had the Monterey Jack/Cheddar mix. Both times, they were great!)

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400.

In a small nonstick skillet, cook the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the butter and water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is straw colored, 7-10 minutes. It is important to keep the heat low or the garlic will burn and turn bitter. The garlic should be lightly browned but not burned!

In a small bowl, place the remaining 7 tablespoons softened butter and the salt and pepper. Mix in the hot garlic mixture and stir to combine. Using a rubber spatula, spread the butter mixture on the cut sides of bread. Sandwich the bread back together and wrap the loaf in foil. Place the wrapped loaf on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from the heat and turn the oven to the broil setting.

Sprinkle the bread with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the bread to a cutting board with the cheese side facing down. Cut into angled pieces and serve. Please try to exert self-control and share the bounty with others at the table.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :