Monday, August 23, 2010

Life 365: Week 34

Monday, August 16, 2010


This morning, JJ and Beth took their stuffed tigers (Con and Sasha) and put them in Joey's backpack so they could "help" Dad at work. It was pretty adorable to see their heads sticking out of the backpack as Joey headed out the door! Unfortunately, Joey ended up being really late coming home tonight and Beth really wanted Sasha back to sleep with her. But I finally got her to go to sleep and when Joey came home he tucked Sasha in beside Beth. She was very happy in the morning!


Tuesday, August 17, 2010


We finally got JJ in for his school haircut today! We decided to just buzz it off so that it would last longer. He looks great! We also finished our school shopping today so we're all set for next week!


Wednesday, August 18, 2010


We surprised the kids with tickets to go to the outdoor movie tonight! We saw The Princess and the Frog (even though we already have the DVD). It was still fun to take blankets and pillows and be in our PJs and watch a movie outside. Just as the movie finished it started raining, so it worked great!


Thursday,
August 19, 2010


I love sunsets. I haven't taken the time to watch them this summer so this one snuck up on me and it was really beautiful! I need to remember to take just a little time to think and to see the beauty instead of rushing around so much.



Friday, August 20, 2010


Unfortunately, Beth has developed her daddy's sense of style. This morning when Joey and I got up, we discovered that Beth had already gotten dressed today. Her choice of the day - a pink plaid skirt and a navy blue/pink striped polo shirt. I tried to explain to her why it didn't match, but that just made her sad, so no smiles for the photo. It was just kind of a bad day for all of us. Unfortunately, she stayed grumpy all day and I wish I just wouldn't have said anything. I had fallen asleep reading last night and forgot to take out the BBQ chicken that was cooking in the crockpot for my dinner exchange tomorrow - so I completely burned it and had to start over again. But the highlight of the day - was having hamburgers and homemade fries and having Pete come over to share it with us. Joey and Pete did their podcast down here this week and its always nice to have Joey home sooner!



Saturday, August 21, 2010


I took the family with me to my dinner exchange today and then we headed up to tour the Church History museum. It has changed a lot since I had last been there, but it was still fun to see all the interesting things they had. I especially enjoyed their Presidents of the Church exhibit with information about all the prophets. When we got home, we relaxed a bit before having dinner at Carrabas and playing at Nickel City. We played Laser Tag, which we all enjoyed so much - even Beth! And we played in the arcade for awhile before turning in our tickets for small prizes and headed home. We all had a great day!


Sunday, August 22, 2010


This spring, we kind of went on a hiatus from the Wii, but we brought it back this summer and the kids have had a really good time. We have kind of returned to our nightly ritual of a little family wii time before bed.


And here is my weekly layout:
coming soon

I used my to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Evan's Eclipse said...

Your little girl is so cute in the clothes she picked out. Let her have the sense of accomplishment of dressing herself and her own choice. Who cares that it doesn't match. We all conform to much to the unwritten rules and they stamp out our sense of self pride and self worth enough. (I really nope that this doesn't sound mean, as I don't mean it to be, but it in the large scope of life, does it really matter if her clothes match?)