Monday, August 23, 2010

Life 365: Week 32

Monday, August 2, 2010


For Family Home Evening tonight we talked about Service and brightening the day for others. We made marshmallow pops and took them around to some of our neighbors/friends and I truly hope the kids learned something!


Tuesday, August 3, 2010


The roses are pretty much gone from our yard - but there was a few petals left on this one today and with the raindrops - I just had to capture it. Such beauty in endurance.


Wednesday, August 4, 2010


I really do love the rain and overcast days. The last little rainstorms we have gotten haven't really cooled it down much though and I can't wait until Fall. The kids and I just sat on the porch for awhile today, watching the rain fall and watching the shapes that it made in the puddles!


Thursday,
August 5, 2010


It was the kids last swimming lesson today. I'm proud of the kids and how far they have come. They are both a lot more comfortable in the water. Next year we will have to make sure they take in a couple of sessions of lessons. It was so exciting to see JJ jump off the diving board and LOVE IT! Beth jumped off once and that was enough for her - maybe next year!



Friday, August 6, 2010


I was so excited to be able to go to the Blue Cricket Designs - Girl's Night Out event tonight. My parents came up to pick up Lane and so they were able to watch the kids while Joey was doing his podcast so I could go! It was held at The Chocolate and it was so nice to get away. We learned to make Washer Necklaces. Fabric Rosettes, and we recovered some notepad holders! Plus we had some amazing cake (I got the Red Velvet - yummy) and an amazing bag of coupons and fun crafty extras! It was a wonderful night of fun!



Saturday, August 7, 2010


We didn't accomplish much today. We just decided to stay home and lounge! Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen and Lane left today and we just didn't do much. I forgot to take a picture today - so I'll share a couple of photos I took yesterday morning. As part of the kids' swimming lessons - they give a Family Free Day for the family to swim at the Scera pool. We were excited that Joey took a couple of hours away from work yesterday to go with us. It was a fun water park and the kids really loved splashing around and it was just a great relaxing few hours. Joey even bought us lunch at McDonalds (the kids' favorite) before heading back to work!


Sunday, August 8, 2010


My favorite part of the Girls Night Out was learning to make these fabulous fabric rosettes! Beth loved them too and we made a couple for her to wear to church today. She felt beautiful and I felt crafty and it was just so fun!


And here is my weekly layout:
coming soon

I used my to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :