Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life 365: Week 30

Monday, July 19, 2010


I don't know if it is just that its hot or what, but I really haven't wanted to cook lately. I usually don't mind the cooking (but I do HATE HATE HATE the cleaning up part). Joey will be working really late all week as they have a project deadline and they will be getting dinner brought into work each night, so I won't have to feed him this week. So today, I just decided we were going to have McDonalds for dinner and the kids were so excited to get a happy meal!


Tuesday, July 20, 2010


The best part about summer is getting wet! And the kids enjoyed over an hour of sprinkler fun in the yard today! I just love seeing those big smiles on their faces.


Wednesday, July 21, 2010


I had a bad case of indigestion/heartburn today. I couldn't even drag myself out of bed. I even had to cancel my crop and it was just a bad day. I was able to get up a few times and actually feed the kids, but mostly they were on their own today. Moms should never be sick. Anyways, what better thing to occupy your kids for the day than play dough! I got it out with the cookie cutters and it lasted them all afternoon. I'm very grateful for independent children today!


Thursday,
July 22, 2010


My friend Amber on her blog today referenced education.com and I am so glad she did. Now that the kids don't have school/camp - I have not been doing so good with entertaining them. But this is a wonderful site that has so many fun learning activities to do! We have decided to make a goal to do at least one of them daily and it will help starve the boredom and make me feel like my kids are actually learning something and staying active for the rest of the summer! Today we read the story "The Boy who cried Wolf" and talked about honesty. Then we played a little game that they had that went with the story. It was a lot like Red Light, Green Light but we created some number cards and they had to use the numbers and also reading to see what they had to do. The kids had a blast and since Joey actually got home early tonight he got to play a round with us too! Joey also got our automatic sprinklers fixed tonight so no more having to drag the hose around - yay!



Friday, July 23, 2010


We got to tend cutie patootie Mallory again today and it is just such a delight. She's getting so big and the kids love playing with her. It was the kind of day where we didn't have to go anywhere - so we didn't even get out of our pjs today - okay maybe that was just me. Yep, the kids got dressed, but I stayed in my pjs all day and loved every minute of it!



Saturday, July 24, 2010


Today, we celebrated the 24th by attending the Pioneer Day Extravangaza in Provo. We toured the Pioneer Village and listened to stories, they had all kinds of fun activities for the kids from pony rides to making your own butter. The kids loved making harmonicas out of popsicle sticks and creating their own dreamcatchers out of paper plates. We had lunch at McDonalds and the kids got to wear themselves out playing on the playground. It was a fun day and nice to get out of the house for awhile!


Sunday, July 25, 2010


Last night we hung the kids' dreamcatchers up that they had made yesterday and told them how they would catch their bad dreams. This morning Beth told her daddy that she didn't remember any dreams, so the dreamcatcher must have "accidentally took her good dreams" too!

We had church and then we had "magic ravioli" for dinner along with watching Matilda for the first time!


And here is my weekly layout:
coming soon

I used my to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :