Monday, July 12, 2010

Life 365: Week 28

Monday, July 5, 2010


We woke up to another fun morning at Sink Valley. We played on the tire swing and I finished my book. We had breakfast and lunch and visited. We rode on the Gator and we went up to the Sawmill. JJ got to ride on the Cat with Grandpa and haul a log to the mill and we all watched that log become boards! We then had some lunch and headed to Orderville one more time. We picked up some hamburger and some sleeping bags that my parents had for us and then we started on our long drive home. We stopped in Nephi for dinner at the Flying J Restaurant and then got home at about 9:30pm. It was a nice weekend - despite all the traveling - and I'm so glad we went. But it is good to see home too!


Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Beth started Science Camp today! She got a bright yellow shirt and got to do tons of projects! She was so excited! They talked about birds, ducks, and frogs today and they got to make all kinds of nests and fun things. I'm so glad we got her in this program for the next 2 weeks!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010


Its amazing how with all the kids' toys and things that they have - that sometimes just a couple colored strings is all they need to play and have fun!


Thursday,
July 8, 2010


While my son was in school and my daughter was in science camp this morning, I glanced through my Freecycle emails and found one for a movie today! So I snatched it up and the kids and I went to Enchanted! Yes, we have the movie, but it's so much fun to go to the theater! I packed a lunch and we ate and watched the movie together - and it was for FREE!



Friday, July 9, 2010


We finally cut open the watermelon that my mom sent with us last weekend. It's pretty big so I'm sure we will be eating on this all weekend. There's just nothing like watermelon in the summertime! Pete came for dinner and it was nice to just take out the frozen enchiladas that I had made for my dinner exchange and stick it in the oven. Someday I am going to have a large freezer so I can just do the Dinner Once a Month thing and cook most of my meals in one day and then just can pull it out for dinner every night! But at least I will have a week's worth of meals every month through my dinner exchange!


Saturday, July 10, 2010


JJ and I loved Toy Story 3 so much that we decided to take Joey and Beth to it today. As we were finding a parking place at the movie theaters, a guy backed into our van. No one was hurt, but it was just so inconvenient since we had already paid for the movie. So Joey stayed out to wait for the police and to do all the swapping of information and the kids and I headed into the movie. Joey missed the commercials and the little cartoon that they do before the Pixar Movies (Night & Day) - but he did make it back in before the movie started! The van still works - we just can't open the driver side door from the outside - we can from the inside. So now we have to deal with all the paperwork and insurance - but it could have been worse. See my good attitude LOL. Anyways, the movie was just as good as the first time. Not sure why - but it just affects me emotionally - I can't even talk about this movie without crying. I just love the Toy Story movies - I really need to get my kit made for it! Anyways, after the movie - we just had a casual evening at home!


Sunday, July 11, 2010


We watched Emperor's New Groove for Family Movie Night. This is one Disney movie that both my husband and I ALMOST never watched. It was horribly advertised and just looked so stupid - but somebody told us that we should watch it and we did - and it's so funny! We haven't watched it in awhile even though we have the DVD, so we thought it was fun to watch it again. We had "llama burgers" [really just hamburgers - but we added the llama to make it fit the movie] and homemade french fries for dinner!


And here is my weekly layout:


I used my APOTHECARY DREAMZ & DIGITAL 365 to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :