Monday, July 12, 2010

Life 365: Week 27

Monday, June 28, 2010


After watching Toy Story 3 - I'm even more aware of the importance of my children's playtime. I love seeing them engrossed in their imagination. The Cars movie has always been special to JJ and he's been collecting more and more fun toys from the movie. Most of the time, it drives me crazy to have all the kids' toys scattered everywhere. But today, I was reminded of the Toy Story movies, and the way I played when I was growing up and I just watched the kids play - so grateful that they use their imaginations.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010


It's was my 31st birthday today. I didn't really have too much planned, except that I wanted to sleep in, to have a long shower, and go see a movie by myself. So Joey took JJ to school so I wouldn't have to get up early and I did get to sleep in. But as I was taking my shower, I heard something snap and then no hot water. I had to call Joey back from work and he had to crawl clear under the house to fix a pipe. He got so dirty, but I'm so grateful that he was willing to do that to get it done. The rest of the day was just a regular day of a little cleaning, a little playing and a little designing. I finally got my long shower after the kids went to bed and then at 2am I headed off to stand in line for the 3:15am showing of Eclipse - me and all the teenagers. But it was fun and worth it and even though I got home at about 5:30am - I'm glad I did something crazy for my birthday.


Wednesday, June 30, 2010


Joey works A LOT and he doesn't often get to play video games. But he has spent a lot of time lately playing World of Warcraft. He has needed to get certain goals met so that he can get the next expansion pack for free. He still hasn't quite made it but he has a few more days! The kids love seeing him play!


Thursday,
July 1, 2010


We love it when we get to tend Mallory for awhile! She came over to visit us, while Aunt Becki went to see Eclipse and we had a great time. We got to feed her and play with her and she even took a nap. She's so sweet and cute and little!


Friday, July 2, 2010


We had a lazy morning and then packed at about lunchtime to head to Sink Valley for the weekend! We picked up some McDonalds to eat on the way. Unfortunately, we got almost 1/2 way there before realizing that we had forgotten Joey's pills. So we had to turn around and go get them. We finally arrived at about 8:30pm at the family ranch. The kids were so happy to finally get there! We set up our tent and helped Grandma with the dutch oven dinner. And the best part for the kids was that they got to ride on the Gator with Uncle Clint and Grandpa. We had a nice dinner and even got dessert because Beth says, "It's not camping if you don't have smores." Then we spent a hard night in the tent - Beth slept well but the rest of us didn't. I guess Joey and I are too old now for camping the real way! But I'm still glad the kids had the experience!


Saturday, July 3, 2010


I haven't spent a lot of time at Sink Valley - the family ranch - in a few years so this weekend was really wonderful. We woke up and had breakfast which my mom had cooked over the old stove in the house. We got to go feed the horses in the Gator and swing in the tire swing. So many fun memories from the years and I'm so excited that my kids get to experience a little bit of what I grew up with. We then headed into Orderville to celebrate the 4th of July. We went to the park and the kids got to play games, we had lunch, the kids went down the slippy slide, and Joey and I got to help judge the soup contest! Then we headed back to Sink Valley where we met up with my brothers and sisters and their families. We played some ultimate basketball (like ultimate frisbee but with basketballs and buckets) and I tore up my leg pretty good and Joey toppled over Beth so she got hurt too - but it was still fun. The kids got to ride on a horse and ride in the baler/swather to help with the hay. My dad caught a young deer without a mommy and they fed it some milk and my kids got to pet it! Later even most of my cousins/aunt/uncle on my Dad's side showed up. It was quite the reunion to have us all together. We used to do yearly Easter trips together with them and I have so many great memories. We had a great cook-out and visiting! It was the first time my whole family has been together in a really long time and so we captured some photos that I'm sure we are all going to treasure! And Whitnee announced to all of us that her Mom is pregnant! We thought Kori was done - so this is a new exciting thing to happen for their family and I'm excited to be an Aunt once again. We headed to Orderville after the cook-out and got baths/showers before heading to bed. Beth got to go to Whitnee's for a sleepover and she was so excited.


Sunday, July 4, 2010


We got up early and headed over to Cedar City where we attended my brother's church and got to see his daughter - Briel Ruth Sorensen - be blessed. We had a luncheon at their house and it was just really great to have my family all together. We then headed to Orderville again, where I promptly had a nap and the kids watched a movie and Joey went and helped my parents and brothers move sprinklers! Then we headed up to Sink Valley again! We played more Ultimate Basketball and had another cookout with the family. My parents, Clint, Cody and his family, Rickey and Logan, and my family camped for another night. We stayed in Kori's little house this time because we decided we didn't want to put up the other tent. We all slept much better.


And here is my weekly layout:


I used my DIGITAL 365 & my AMERICANA BEARZ to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :