Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Chicken & Vegetable Pies



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
A fun twist on regular Chicken Pot Pie! Instead of the one big pie - why not make some little pies to munch on - so fun!


Chicken & Vegetable Pies
by DeDe Smith

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Cream of Chicken Soup
Pie Crust Dough or Biscuit Dough (store-bought crust or Bisquick is great)
Mixed Veggies (I used corn, peas, and carrots)
Cream of Potato Soup
Chicken Gravy Mix

Place your Chicken Breasts in a casserole dish with the Cream of Chicken Soup. Season your chicken and cook in the oven for about 45-60 minutes. (I actually only had baby carrots and so I sliced them up and cooked them in the oven with the Chicken!) After the chicken was cooked - cut it up into small chunks.

In a mixing bowl, add the chicken (with the Cream of Chicken sauce from the oven), veggies, cream of potato soup and gravy mix. Mix it all together.

Take your pie crust or biscuit dough and roll it out and then cut circles out of the dough (I used a large glass cup). I tried this a couple of ways. I used both kinds - biscuit and store-bought pie crust and they both turn out great - I think I preferred the pie crust!

Take each circle and place a small amount of the filling on each piece. You can either top it with another circle or just make mini-pies by just folding each circle in half. Seal it shut by using a fork to create the edges around the pie.

Bake until done - usually about 15-20 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :