Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Potato Ham & Cheese Bake



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This one is nice and easy and its a wonderful comfort food! It also uses ingredients that you most likely have on hand and makes for a quick meal! Another one of my family's favorites!


Potato Ham & Cheese Bake
by DeDe Smith

Potatoes
8 oz Sour Cream
4 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cube butter
Sliced Deli Ham
Grated Cheese
Corn


This is how I always make my mashed potatoes: Peel, cut-up, and boil potatoes in a large pan of water until soft but not too soft. Mash up Potatoes with butter, cream cheese and sour cream. I use my stand mixer and it makes the potatoes so smooth! You can add less/more of the butter, sour cream, and cream cheese as needed.
For each serving - place 2-3 slices of ham on cookie sheet. Top with large serving of mashed potatoes and add grated cheese to the middle of the potatoes.
Bake at 375 degrees until cheese melts - about 10 minutes. Serve with Corn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

3 comments :

Pumpy said...

This sure sounds good, always looking for something quick and easy and of course different. Thanks. xxxx

Stater said...

This sounds yummy, good for the cholesterol. LOL

Love anything with cheese & sour cream!!!!!!!!!

Thanks DeDe.

Anonymous said...

That is one quick meal which proves you don't need to spend hours in the kitchen cooking to make delicious food.