Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Project 365: Week 20

Monday, May 11, 2009



Being a Daddy's girl myself - I really love seeing the relationship that has been developing between Joey and Beth. They share some wonderful qualities and they have a great time together.


Tuesday, May 12, 2009



I got to go on JJ's field trip with him today. We went to Salem Pond, to the Fishing Day 2009! It was really fun to see JJ holding the pole and catching a fish (with the help of some wonderful fishermen). I wish I could have captured the complete delight on his face as he reeled in the fish. I wasn't able to get the right angle and there was so many people around. But it was still very fun. We spent a couple of hours there at the pond, fishing and eating hot dogs and potato salad. It was also really fun to see JJ with his classmates and teacher!


Wednesday, May 13, 2009



I love the beauty of trees. We live in a trailer park with not a lot of space, but we do have a little yard and I'm very grateful for that. And we do have lots of trees around us and they are so beautiful. I walked out on the porch today to check on the kids and happened to glance at the trees and they just looked very beautiful to me. The contrast of the green leaves, the brown bark and the sky was just a wonderful sight!


Thursday, May 14, 2009



I have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks working on kits for the So You Think You Can Design Contest. I applied several weeks ago and was selected as one of the 80 participants. I was so excited to make it in. Although I had the disappointment this week of not making it to Round 3, it really has been a good experience. I am grateful that I made it to 2 rounds - I'm grateful that I was even selected in the first place! I am grateful that I was able to get myself known just a little bit more! I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me this creative talent that I have to be able to do this and do it from home so I can still be a wife and mom. I'm grateful for an amazing supportive husband and wonderful kids that put up with me when I am in design mode. And I am extremely grateful for all of the people who enjoy my work and make it possible for me to do this! They truly make my life wonderful!


Friday, May 15, 2009



The Young Women in our ward held a Luau tonight as a fundraiser to help them go to Girls Camp. As it is Joey's Racquetball and Podcast night and due to having only one vehicle, we opted to get the takeout dinner instead of the sit-down dinner at the church. Meat and rice, vegetables, fruit, chips and salsa, salad, and rainbow sherbet was the meal and it was so yummy! Even the kids ate it all. Joey got the Pulled Pork which he didn't really care for, but the kids and I enjoyed our Hawaiian Chicken!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tonight we had our monthly dinner with Cody and Becki. Becki's parents and sister also joined us. We had Hawaiian haystacks and it was great. Yea, I guess we are on a Hawaii kick this week. And Prez (Becki's Dad), made us some homemade ice cream. Yummy! We also got to play on Cody and Becki's Wii. I had not played before and I really enjoyed it. I usually don't get into video games and stuff - but this was fun. JJ loved it too! I think the Wii is definitely going to have to be on our Christmas wish list this year.


Sunday, May 17, 2009



Joey and I love sharing movies and tv shows together. But we do have differing opinions often on what our favorites are. But we both love the BACK TO THE FUTURE Trilogy. We introduced the first wonderful movie to our kids today and they got a kick out of it. I love sharing these things with my kids as they get older. It's so much fun!

The kids were eating some lunch and Joey and I were on our computers. We were eavesdropping on their cute conversation about their drinks which was actually Strawberry-Kiwi Juice.

JJ: "I'm drinking root beer."
Beth: "I'm drinking Moonberry Juice, is that ok?"
JJ: "We're pretending, it can be whatever we want!"



And here is my weekly layout:



I used my DIGITAL 365 Kits to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :