Monday, January 12, 2009

Project 365: Week 3

Monday, January 12, 2009



Mondays are now Joey's official day for recording his podcast. Joey and Pete have started TREKWEST 5, a podcast where they review tv shows (starting with Star Trek, The West Wing, and Babylon 5 - hence the name). Joey is really enjoying this new endeavor and I was excited to be able to create a logo for them!

PHOTO REVISED: GOT A MUCH BETTER LOGO DONE!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009



We finally decided that it was time to put the Christmas tree away. The kids were not very happy about it - but they did help me get everything into the boxes. That's the nice thing about artificial trees is that you can wait as long as you want before putting it away - the tree is not going to die on you! I grew up with having real trees - so I really do enjoy that - but an artificial tree is nice too!


Wednesday, January 14, 2009



The kids love BUBBLES! They got some in their Christmas stockings this year and I finally let them use them today. They spent about 2 hours (on and off) blowing bubbles. It's really fun to see them having so much fun and actually playing together.


Thursday, January 15, 2009



Joey and I both love reading. Our home is filled with books and movies. I've been in several book groups and I really love the variety of books that I have read because of them. Books that I wouldn't have chosen myself, but had such an impact on me. A few months ago, I started an online book club that brings scrapbooking and reading together. Every other month we meet together in a chatroom and discuss the book, then we do a layout about our feelings about the book, and then I create a digital scrapbook kit inspired by the book as a posting bonus. It has been really fun and I enjoy meeting with members of the digital scrapbook community, getting to know them, and discussing books. This month's book was Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns and the book club chat was held tonight. I've recently discovered audiobooks and this was one book that I actually listened to, instead of reading it and I am so glad I did. To some members the book was okay, but kinda boring, but I found the audio version wonderful! I loved the humor and relationships of the story very much and I felt the man who read the book on the audio did such a good job of bringing the characters to life for me. I didn't want the story to end.


Friday, January 16, 2009



Fridays are racquetball nights for Joey and Pete. Sometimes more of the Homestarmy boys join in, but most times it is just Joey and Pete. I love it when the kids and I get to join them. I try to occupy the kids while they are playing and then the tradition continues as we go out to eat at Mings! It's a Chinese restaurant with really great food. Joey and Pete are the owner's favorite people and he always treats us so well, like free calendars and last night, it was free dessert for Chinese New Year. I'm really glad that Joey has such great friends and I'm glad he gets his racquetball nights!


Saturday, January 17, 2009



I am a night person and I hate mornings. Even if I get 8 hours of sleep (which I usually don't), I still hate getting up in the morning. I rarely eat breakfast and Joey doesn't eat in the morning, so breakfasts around here are very simple and it is just the kids. It's usually yogurt and Nutri-Grain Bars and sometimes Cold Cereal. We do love breakfast foods like pancakes, eggs and bacon - but we usually serve it as dinner instead.


Sunday, January 18, 2009



One night, several months ago, we were putting the kids to bed and Joey came up with the Bedtime Express. As a family, we become a train and chug around the house with the last stop being the kids bedroom and their beds. The kids LOVED it! What was an impromptu idea became a nightly tradition. The kids take turns being the engine and caboose and it's the last thing we do before bed.



And here's my WEEK 3 Layout:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

2 comments :