Are you saving for a Disney trip or
want to get some Disney gift cards for gifts?
Well, today I have an amazing tip for you. As you probably know - I am a bit of a Disney geek and I happen to be saving to go to Disneyland AGAIN in December! I'm so excited. Anyways, I love the forums at Disboards.com and I recently came across an awesome tip about saving on Disney Gift Cards. These cards are awesome because - sure you can use them at the Disney Store (online or local store) and you can use them at most places inside the parks for dining, souvenirs, and even your hotel stay, if you are staying at a Disney Hotel. So basically you can pay for your Disney vacation (minus traveling costs and purchases outside the parks) using just gift cards! It's a fabulous way to keep in your budget too! It does take a little extra work, but saving at least 10% (usually more) and getting more for your money is awesome!
* This process can also be used for other kinds of gift cards too.
So to get the most out of the process, you will need:
1. A Swagbucks account - If you don't have an account already - sign up HERE. Use this site to do searches, surveys, and shopping to earn "money" that you can use on rewards like gift cards. So if you earn enough you can even get a Target Gift Card and then get more Disney Gift Cards as an additional bonus! :) I use this site a lot, basically everytime I make an online purchase and am currently using it as my search engine as well to get extra "bucks." I prefer online shopping, when I need something, so this has worked great for me!
2. A Raise.com account - Sign up HERE. Use this link (or referral code dsmith4) when you sign up and get a free $5 to spend at Raise.com. This is the site where you can get discounted gift cards of all kind. Get more for your money!
3. A Target REDcard - You can get approved for a card HERE. This card will get you 5% off on purchases at Target, including Disney Gift Cards, plus other benefits! So it's a nice card to have. You can do debit or a credit card, so its easy to get approved!
1. Login to Swagbucks.com. Go to the SHOP menu and then use that page's search to find Raise.com. Click on the SHOP NOW under the Raise.com page and you'll be sent to Raise and once you make the purchase you will receive your Swagbucks for that. (currently 1 SB per dollar).
2. On Raise.com, search for Target. It will bring up a list of all the Target gift cards available. The page will show you the value of the gift card, the percent off that you will get, and the total price you will pay. Check back often because it changes minute by minute! The best Target Gift Card I've gotten so far was 8.6% off. Choose the gift card(s) that you want and add them to your shopping cart and of course check out. Raise will process it and you will get an email when your gift card is ready (it's usually really quick, like within an hour of purchasing). You'll login to your account and get the gift card information.
3. Head on over to Target.com. Once you have your Target gift card number, go to MANAGE MY ACCOUNT. Under Account Information, click the link that says EDIT PAYMENT METHODS. Make sure you add your REDcard and make it the default payment - this will get you the 5% off your purchases. Then in the PAYMENT METHODS, add your gift cards. You can use up to 3 gift cards per order in checkout. Now you are ready. Go ahead and go to GIFT CARDS in the Target Menu and find the Disney Gift Cards. They are available in $50 increments, so add as many to the cart as you need (I think the limit is 10 per order). Checkout and use the gift card codes you entered!
Using this process can save quite a bit on your gift cards. You get the 5% off from Target, whatever % off you bought the Raise cards at, PLUS you will earn SwagBucks that can be used for Gift Cards too. It all adds up and any savings that you can do for a Disney Vacation is so worth it! Make sure you use SwagBucks for your other online purchases too, so that your "bucks" will add up and you can earn your rewards!
If you have any questions about the process or if there is
something I can do to help - please let me know!
Each Monday (that doesn't have a new release), I am going to be offering a little Magic to start your week. It might be a fun idea, some inspiration, a tutorial, or just sharing some
thoughts - Whatever I feel like! So come back and share your thoughts too!