Thursday, April 2, 2015

Recipe Thursday | Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
by DeDe Smith

This week's Recipe:
I love Chicken Cordon Bleu. It's the perfect comfort food for me.  But I've never been great at making it - it just takes a long time and I'm not that great at breading things.  So this is perfect, because you get that same great taste, but it is so quick to put together! Serve it with some mixed veggies and maybe even some rice pilaf and you have the perfect meal!


4-5 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
16 slices thinly sliced Ham
16 slices Swiss Cheese

1 cube butter
4 tbsp flour
3 cups Whole Milk
Juice from 1 Lemon
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Season Salt
1 tsp Pepper

1 cup Panko Italian Breadcrumbs
4 tbsp butter


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Place shredded chicken breasts on the bottom of the baking dish. Take the slices of ham and chop it up and scatter it over the chicken.  Lay the cheese slices over the top of the ham.


Melt the butter in a large saucepan and stir in the flour to form a roux. Pour in the cold milk and continually stir to make a smooth sauce.  Cook until sauce thickens and then stir in lemon juice, mustard, salt, salt and pepper. Pour sauce over the chicken/ham/cheese mixture, making sure to evenly distribute.

Pour breadcrumbs into a ziploc bag. Melt the butter and then pour into the bag. Close the bag and mix the butter and crumbs together. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.

Bake the casserole uncovered for 45 minutes.

______________________________
On Recipe Thursdays, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :