Thursday, March 19, 2015

Recipe Thursday | Chocolate Pudding Puffs

Chocolate Pudding Puffs
by DeDe Smith

This week's Recipe:
When I was growing up, we had a tradition in my family that every Sunday night we had PUDDING. My mom and my sisters and I would make Instant Chocolate Pudding and Cooked Vanilla pudding. To this day, I LOVE my pudding - especially chocolate. Occasionally, my older sister would make a batch of cream puffs to go with the pudding. We never actually filled the puffs the traditional way - we always just stuck them in a bowl and topped them with the pudding. Less work and still delicious!


2 cups water
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
8 eggs

1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
3 cups whole milk
Whipped Cream


Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Sprinkle salt over butter/water mixture and mix together. Add in flour and stir until it forms a ball. Turn heat down to low and stir in 1 egg at a time until all eggs are blended very well. Remove from heat.  Roll scoops of the puff mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

While puffs are baking, whisk the chocolate pudding with the milk in a large mixing bowl and then set in refrigerator to cool and set-up.

After taking puffs from the oven, let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Then take each puff and cut in half. Place a scoop of pudding in between like a sandwich and then top with a dollop of whipped cream.

______________________________
On Recipe Thursdays, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :