Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Magic | Start Your Week Right



I'm on a quest this year to find my true self and really just be the awesomest ME that I can be. I find myself judging myself to others standards or wondering what other people think about me and I want to stop doing that. I really think that by doing that, I add to my stress and depression and I am ready to get out of that.  I am ready to start just being me. So I have been starting to do some praying and thinking and reading to help me on this journey.

Mondays are always hard for me. I never seem to start it in a good way. It always feels like I have too much to do and I never live up to what I want to accomplish. I've decided that I need to do a few things on the weekend to help my brain reset and be prepared to start a new week.  So today I offer up an inspirational list to help us reset and start anew!

1. Breathe, Relax, and Focus
Whether you are religious or not, taking some time to uplift your soul is important. So whether it is attending a church service or just meditating,  I feel like it is important to take some time to relax and breathe and focus on how you feel and how you want to change for the better. Unplugging for a little bit of time can really help. Reading or listening to something uplifting can really help relieve you of the stress of the previous week and help you be prepared to take on the next week. For me it is important to pray to my Heavenly Father and ask for help to start the week off right.

2. Be Thankful
It is so easy to worry about what we don't have or what we aren't accomplishing.  I know I do this way too much.  But I know it really helps me to take some time and list the things that I do have and the things that I am accomplishing and the things that are around me that are so amazing. Counting your blessings is a great way to realize how many things that we do have in our lives and helps us keep the focus on the positive.

3. Clear Your Mind
I think one of the hardest things for me is getting rid of all the negative thoughts and the huge list of to-dos that is always there inside my head. But actually letting all of that fester in my mind, gets me no-where and actually distracts me from accomplishing anything. So take some time to clear your mind.  Get all of that to-do list out on paper and make some priorities. Have some conversations with your loved ones and get a plan in place for the upcoming week.  Even just talking about what is going on that week and getting things on the calendar (not the one in your head - but actually a physical calendar) - will help to clear your mind. Also remember to not overload your calendar. There are things that can wait - you don't have to do everything right now (Yep, I'm so guilty of this one).

4. Take One Day at a Time
It is so easy to look at all the to-dos and go a little crazy. I am so guilty of this too, but I am ready to change. It is important to write all the to-dos down and make the priorities, but once that is all out - it will really help you to focus on one day at a time.  Take that one day and do your best to accomplish that list only - no thinking of everything else that you need to do. Prioritize and just do what you need to do on that day only.

5. Schedule Time for "Nothing"
Yep, you heard me. I think it is important to have some time for yourself and time for "nothing."  I am an overplanner and I like to schedule things and if its not on the list then it will not happen because I also have a bad memory. So I kind of have to "schedule" everything.  So make sure to have some time for "nothing."  That could mean some time for just you (bubble bath, reading, crafting, etc.) or maybe something that you have wanted to do but never get it done (spend some quality time with your kids, go somewhere you have never been, trying something new, calling on a friend/family, do something fun, etc.)   So whether its a little time every day, or maybe a big chunk of time on a weekend - schedule it and make sure it happens. Don't let yourself get so uninspired and tired that you waste your weekend. Have fun and it will make your life so much more meaningful - I promise. 

6. Be Positive
No matter how hard, boring, annoying or time consuming a task may be - stay positive. If you have to, FORCE yourself to think on the bright side. Go back to that Be Thankful list!

7. Do Something Early
If you find yourself with a little extra time during the week, go back to that prioritized list and find something that you weren't going to do and DO IT!  Accomplishing something extra from your list will add a spring to your step and make you feel good about yourself. Plus it decreases that never ending someday/maybe list!

8. Take Care of Yourself
There's nothing so discouraging as feeling yucky. So get sleep, eat right, and do a little exercise.  Don't get mad at yourself if you eat that fry or go to bed too late, but do put some thought into taking care of you. Do one thing this week that you can be proud of in regards to your health!


What are some of the things you do to start your week off right?




Each Monday (that doesn't have a new release), I am going to be offering a little Magic to start your week. It might be a fun idea, some inspiration, a tutorial, or just sharing some thoughts - Whatever I feel like! So come back and share your thoughts too!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :