Thursday, July 3, 2014

Recipe Thursday | Crockpot Steak & Gravy


This week's Recipe:
I loved this comfort food! It comes together SO fast as you just add the few ingredients to the crockpot and let it cook all day. It was so good!  My kids liked it the first night, but they didn't think it worked good for leftovers - but I disagree. We had it for several nights and it was still yummy to me!  We served it over rice and I loved the texture, but it would be good with pasta or potatoes as well!  Serve with a side of steamed veggies!

** This picture isn't mine. I threw this recipe together on a whim and then forgot to take a picture, but this picture is really close to what it looks like!


Crockpot Steak and Gravy
by DeDe Smith

5-6 lbs top sirloin steak
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
salt & pepper
3 packets of brown gravy mix
3 packets au jus mix
6 cups water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place steak in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle with seasonings.  In a large bowl, mix together water and gravy mixes and then pour over the steak.  Cook all day (8-10 hours) on low.  The meat will be very tender and you can just shred it.  Serve over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.


______________________________
On Recipe Thursdays, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!
recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :