Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Thoughts

Today, in my daily scripture study session, I came across a quote that just really struck home with me:

"Let us be of good cheer as we go about our lives. Although we live in increasingly perilous times, the Lord loves us and is mindful of us. He is always on our side as we do what is right. He will help us in time of need. Difficulties come into our lives, problems we do not anticipate and which we would never choose. None of us is immune. The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be. Our lives can also be filled with joy as we follow the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
- President Thomas S. Monson


The concept of being happy - finding joy in the journey, is not new, but I find myself needing this reminder constantly. As I sit here in front of my computer, with a beautiful morning breeze coming through the open sliding door, I am feeling that joy. I don't often feel it - like I said, I need the "be of good cheer" reminder often - but I'm feeling it today and that's enough. It's enough to make me want the best today that I can make it. My house is fairly clean, I'm working through the laundry, I'm ready to turn on my audiobook and get the dishes done. I'm ready to delight in my children when they get home from school - maybe take a break from chores and do a puzzle or something. I'm ready to get some more design time in. I'm ready to go take a walk in the beautiful morning air and just maybe I'm ready to do something a little courageous. There is something that has been on my mind (a lot) for me to get done and I haven't been brave enough to do it yet - but maybe today is the day.


Now, if I could just find joy in my daily work-out, that would be something. But that is one thing that I'm dreading. Maybe I'll substitute a walk instead......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :