Thursday, April 4, 2013

Recipe Thursday - Honey Wheat Bread





This week's Recipe:
I have been wanting to try baking bread for awhile. I make rolls and artisan breads, but I had not gotten into just regular homemade bread.  I tried this out and I'm hooked.  My kids loved this bread and we went through it really fast. I'm going to have to stock up on some wheat flour and make some every week! I used all wheat flour the first time, but you can make it using white flour or 1/2 and 1/2.

Honey Wheat Bread
by Emily from Favorite Family Recipes


3 cups really warm water
2 yeast packets
Dissolve and wait until yeast froths then add:

1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. honey
1 Tbsp. salt
about 6 cups of flour


Add flour a cup at a time until you have a soft dough. Knead and put into a bowl. Cover with a cloth and let raise about an hour or until it has about doubled in size. (It raises much better if you put in front of a window with the sun shining in or on top of a warm oven).

Knead again and place bread into baking tins and raise again for another hour.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until brown on the top. Butter the top of the bread while still in the oven and let cook another 2 min. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out and cool 10 more minutes before slicing.

Makes 3 regular or 2 large loaves.


______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love    all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!
recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :