Thursday, December 6, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Chicken Roll Casserole


This week's Recipe:
Do you remember Chicken Pillows?  Well, this is basically that - but casserole style. My hubby loved it better this way. It's a hit!  I didn't have any half-n-half so I actually used whipping cream - but it worked!



Chicken Roll Casserole
12 Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup half and half


FILLING
4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
4 tablespoons butter (very soft but not melted)
½-1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
½-¾ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons half anf half
½ cup grated cheddar cheese (for topping)


Set oven to 350°F.


In a saucepan, mix half and half , 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) and undiluted chicken soup. Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).

For the filling --- (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder.

Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined.

Add in 2 tablespoons mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry).

Season with salt or black pepper to taste.

Unroll the crescent rolls.

Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.

Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish.

Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.

Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese, or amount desired.

Bake for about 30 minutes.


______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :