Thursday, December 20, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Buttermilk Scones


This week's Recipe:
These are amazing scones! They have great flavor and perfect for Navajo Tacos or butter/honey! You could even add a little brown sugar to the dough and it would make the perfect dessert scone! I love that you can make the dough ahead of time and pull them out from the fridge and fry up some fresh scones. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, who in turn got it from her mom, who found it in a cookbook somewhere. Sorry that I don't know the exact source. Try them today!



Buttermilk Scones

2 pkgs yeast
¼ cup lukewarm water
1 quart buttermilk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons oil
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
8 cups flour


Dissolve yeast and water until bubbly. Combine buttermilk, sugar, eggs, oil, salt, baking powder, soda, yeast mixture, and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth.

Add remaining flour to make soft dough. Raise until double.

Punch down and refrigerate.

Roll out just before frying.


______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :