Thursday, September 13, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Sour Cream Noodle Bake


This week's Recipe:
Loved this. It was very easy to make and came together really quickly. Plus it had great flavor. It was basically a Lasagna without having to layer noodles!


Sour Cream Noodle Bake

1-¼ lb. Ground Chuck
1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
½ teaspoon Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
½ cup Sour Cream
1-¼ cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
½ cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
 
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
 
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
 
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
 
Serve with crusty French bread.

______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :