Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Family History TuesdayZ | Service to Your Country

Here is this week's journal prompt :

My Memories :
I absolutely adore reading. There is nothing like stepping outside of your own life and immersing yourself into another world through books. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember and I am happy that I have handed the love of books down to my daughter. And thanks to the wonderful invention of the audiobook, I feel like I have been getting through so many more books and I love that.  I would have to say that I read at least 20 books a year - I would love for it be more than that, but life prevents me from more.

Before I was married, my favorite genre would have to be LDS Fiction (especially the romantic ones). At that time, that was pretty much the only thing I would read.  But thanks to a wonderful book group that I was able to join when I first got married - my world of reading grew. I started reading books of all genres and realizing that there is so much more to read about and enjoy.  Now, I still love my LDS fiction books, especially The Work and the Glory Series by Gerald Lund and any books by Anita Stansfield and Rachel Nunes (and many many many more authors) - but I would have to say that my favorite books now happen to be Young Adult Dystopian Novels, things like The Hunger Games and Divergent. I can’t seem to get enough of it and I *almost* jump at the chance to do housework just so I can listen to an audiobook!

I love that there are always new books and new adventures to explore! It never gets old!





Each Tuesday, I am going to be offering prompts or ideas. If you don't write in your journal regularly - I am going to encourage you to write just ONCE A WEEK and answer the question/idea that I give on Tuesdays. These ideas hopefully will spark a memory and you will be able to capture that in what you write/record so that it can be left for your children/grandchildren/family/friends. Give as much detail as you can when answering.

Will you do this for me? Will you do this for your families? You can write it down in a journal, you can type it up on a computer or journaling software, you can take a recorder and talk, you can videotape your answers, you can even scrap a page with the journaling. It doesn't matter how you do this - it's just important that you do it. The memories, the dates, the information is the only real thing we can leave to our families when we are gone.

If I come up with other family history ideas - I will be sure to share it here too - and if you want to share with me your ideas - that would be wonderful and I'd be glad to share them here too. Just comment here or email me at dedesmith32@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :