Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Upgraded Egg-in-the-Hole



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
One day, I had a craving for French Toast and Ham and Eggs but I was being a little lazy and didn't want to cook everything separately. So I began creating Egg-in-the-Hole and just kind of added to it! So here is my upgraded version!

Upgraded Egg-in-the-Hole
by DeDe Smith


1 slice of Bread
Butter 
1 whole Egg
Salt To Taste 
Pepper To Taste
Cinnamon Sugar to Taste
1 Thick Slice or 2-3 thin slices of ham

Cut a hole in the center of your bread with a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass.

Spread butter over your bread and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Heat a skillet and melt some butter.  Place the bread in the skillet face down and quickly spread butter and sprinkle the other side with cinnamon sugar.

Crack your egg into the center of the hole. Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper. After about a minute, flip it over and then salt and pepper that side. Cook until the egg is cooked soft.

Top with Ham Slice(s). Turn it over again to warm the ham.

Serve with Maple Syrup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :