Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Chicken Alfredo & Rice Casserole



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This is a tasty casserole and I love that you can really make this one yours. I didn't have any peppers, so I didn't add that and my husband doesn't like nuts in his food, so I didn't add that. I did add some mixed vegetables, and I would love to try this with red and green peppers. If you have followed me for awhile - you know my family likes extra sauce, so I added more sauce. All-in-all - an easy and yummy dinner!

Chicken Alfredo & Rice Casserole
by Better Homes & Gardens


1 10 ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups cooked white rice or wild rice
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, sweet peppers, nuts, and basil. Transfer to 1-1/2-quart baking dish.

Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and stir. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle atop. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :