Sunday, July 8, 2012

June 2012 Round-up



Since I have decided to take a little break from Life 365 this year, I have decided to participate in monthly Round-Ups instead! I've been following The Scrapbook Lady for years, and I have always admired her Round-ups. It was about time that I give it a try!


JUNE 2012

What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)

I do read A LOT of blogs daily, so I am not listing them, but my Google Reader is jam packed full of reading that I do!  

I am still on an audiobook kick. So here is what I have been listening to this month:

Specials by Scott Westerfield



Divergent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Matched by Ally Condie



What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
Family Movie Nights: Karate Kid I, Karate Kid II, The Avengers


What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
The kids and I spent the first week of June with my family helping to move cows from Bull Rush (Arizona Strip-Winter Range) to our Family Ranch (Sink Valley-Summer Range). We had a good time, even though it was extremely hot. We were able to visit, play with cousins, ride horses, and spend time at Sink Valley!

JJ has started summer school and continues to go each day for a few hours. He really seems to enjoy it.

We have been going to the Free Lunch offered at local schools. Its nice to not have to make lunches and have a little outing with the kids.

June 19, 2012 - Joey and I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary this month. We didn't do anything exciting this year. We did go out to eat at Olive Garden as a family on the weekend. I suppose that counts!  :) I am very happy that I am married to my best friend - I love him more every day.


June 22-23, 2012 - Beth and I were able to attend the Princess Festival with Becki and Mallory and it was a wonderful day. I love hanging out with Becki and it was just a fun day out. We also were able to have Cody, Becki and Mallory stay with us for a couple of nights and that was just so wonderful. I miss having them close. We went to dinner at Cracker Barrel while they were here too.
June 29, 2012 - I turned 33. I hate getting older....


What were my accomplishments this month?

** We started The Smith Family Summer Camp and it has been a huge success. It has helped keep the kids busy and we haven't even got too many "I'm Bored"s. The kids have to do things in different areas everyday to get points and then they are rewarded with fun activities on the weekends. Its been good to continue their education and help the kids understand how to work and play as a family.  It also has been great to spend the one-on-one time with the kids and also just have a more planned/structured schedule. 

 Joey was able to setup a little computer system for JJ and Beth. They can play educational games and they even have their own email, where Joey and I can send them little messages and they can write back. They have really been enjoying it.

I haven't been extremely good at teaching my children the value of work and I am changing that this summer. They have to help around the house to get their daily work points and I have been teaching them how to do housework. It has actually been hugely successful and Beth even LOVES to do dishes now. (Which is really great for me, since it is my least favorite housework chore!)


Categories for points everyday: Reading, Writing, Exercise, Housework, Spiritual, and Extra

Special Daily Activities: They also get an extra point for participating in each day's fun activity.
Make-it-Monday - We get a little crafty
Textual Tuesday - We get to go to the Library this day and participate in their fun activities.
Wet Wednesday - We get to spend time at the pool and such. We have been going to Seven Peaks since we have a pass this year!
Thinking Thursday - This is our research day. The kids ask questions and we find the answers.
Foodie Friday - We get to cook a special treat together

I really am excited about how well this program has been going. Our summer is full and busy and fun and I'm loving it! So far for some of the activities - we have gone to the local fun center, played the Wii, and Beth and I enjoyed a day at The Princess Festival!

*  My other major accomplishment has been that I spent a few weeks mainly unplugged. It was a good retreat from electronics and I really enjoyed that.

* I have been getting some of my products released again to my stores and been sorting through all my designs. The process seems endless, but its getting better and I am feeling really good about it.


Anything else noteworthy to include?
We are really missing our good friends, The Prices (Will, Crystal, Jaron, Eliza, and Annie). They moved at the end of last month and we didn't really get a chance to hang out with them before they left.

June 17, 2012 - Happy Father's Day to my amazing husband. He is a wonderful dad!

June 21-22, 2012 - Joey traveled to Denver for an interview with a possible new job. We are anxiously awaiting news so that we can make a decision. We feel like this is kind of a major fork in our life and we are trying to figure out what the future is going to hold for us.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :