Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Mexican Shells & Cheese



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
A great change from ordinary Mac & Cheese!  Next time, we'll add some taco meat to it!


Mexican Shells & Cheese
by The Daily Smash



2 1/4 cups small shell pasta
3T butter
3T flour
2 Cups milk
1/3 cup green onions
1 4oz can green chilis
1 T taco seasoning
2 Cup Mexican shredded cheese













* Try adding some taco seasoning to 1 lb hamburger and adding it to it!

Topping
1 T butter
1/2 T taco seasoning
1/2 Cup plain bread crumbs


Heat oven to 375 spray a 8x8 inch pan with nonstick spray. Cook pasta until desired doneness and drain.

In a pan melt butter add the flour cook 1-2 min until bubbly add milk slowly stirring until boils and thickens. Add onion, chilis and 1 T taco seasoning.

Add pasta to the sauce and mix well. Pour half the mixture in the pan and top with cheese and remaining noodles. * Add Taco Meat.

Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over noodles in pan.

Bake 25-30 min or until hot and bubbly and the breadcrumbs are brown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Carole said...

It is Food on Friday time at Carole’s Chatter. This week it is all about cheese. It would be great if you would link this post in to Food on Friday