Thursday, May 24, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Braided Spaghetti Bread



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
For me, there was just no way to get enough spaghetti into the bread. I feel like there was just too much bread to the amount of spaghetti there was.  I liked the flavor, but it just needed more sauce or something.  So next time, I think I will just top it with some of the leftover Spaghetti that wouldn't go into the bread. Also, I used Wheat Bread - but I think I would like it better if I used a French Bread or White Bread Dough! So maybe think about those couple of changes for when you try it too!

Braided Spaghetti Bread
by DeDe Smith



2-3 Loaves Rhodes Bread Dough thawed to room temperature (or make your own bread dough)



** Next time, I will make my own French Bread Dough and use that
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
1 lb hamburger
seasonings: garlic powder, minced onion, salt & pepper
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
grated mozzerella cheese
1 egg white, beaten
Parmesan cheese
parsley flakes


Take a large baking sheet out and spray it or use parchment paper on the bottom.

Take your Bread dough and place it in the middle of your baking sheet and roll the dough (on the baking sheet) into a rectangle as big as the baking sheet.  Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes.

Cook Spaghetti according to package instructions.  Drain and let cool slightly.






Brown your hamburger with your favorite seasonings.

Add Sauce to the hamburger and then pour sauce over your spaghetti noodles. Mix well.

Remove wrap from dough. Place Spaghetti/Hamburger/Sauce mixture down the center of dough, lengthwise.

Top with Cheese.

Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filing. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then brad strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under Braid.

Brush Bread with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and parsley.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :