Sunday, May 13, 2012

April 2012 Round-up



Since I have decided to take a little break from Life 365 this year, I have decided to participate in monthly Round-Ups instead! I've been following The Scrapbook Lady for years, and I have always admired her Round-ups. It was about time that I give it a try!


APRIL 2012

What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)

I do read A LOT of blogs daily, so I am not listing them, but my Google Reader is jam packed full of reading that I do!  

I am still on an audiobook kick. So here is what I have been listening to this month:

Pretties by Scott Westerfield



Specials by Scott Westerfield (not finished yet) 







And I actually sat down and read a book too! I pretty much cried through the whole thing. Nie is truly so inspirational. I am just still wrapping my head around it.

Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson



What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
We were able to spend a wonderful Spring Break - 9 days - together at our vacation home in Eden, Utah. Many adventures insued, including a trip to the ER, Beth's Birthday, and JJ having a  Post about all that is HERE.


We were able to babysit Mallory for a couple of days, while her parents went on a little anniversary trip. It was such a delight to have her with us. I miss having a little one in the house - my kids are just getting so big, too fast.


What gifts did I give and/or receive?It was Beth's birthday this month. We were able to reprogram my old iphone into an ipod touch for her. We purchased some fun apps for her that she is completely loving. We also got her a jump rope, headphones, and some books.




What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I  purchased Squinkees, bubbles, and candy for Easter, along with Beth's Birthday gifts.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I'm still working out my anxiety and depression. Joey's legs have been giving him a bit of trouble and he has had to start wearing special socks to combat the effects of his gout/blood clots.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I think my major accomplishment was actually just staying "mostly unplugged" from the computer during Spring Break. It was hard to do and I did check emails a bit, but I didn't do any design work. I was really able to focus on my family and that was so nice.

I was able to release a great new collection - SPRING FLINGZ & EASTER THINGZ and I was proud of the way it came together.


What were my disappointments this month?
I'm having a hard time staying on top of my depression/anxiety. I keep forgetting to take my pills and it is making my body have some bad effects. Its been hard to just get through some days and it saddens me that I just don't have the energy that I would like to have. I've been extra tired this month and so I haven't been able to stay up like I'm used to. That is usually my time to get design work in and its just not happening like I would like it too.

How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)
We did a little better at doing more Scripture Study and Daily Lessons. It's still not where I want to be - but its becoming more of a habit and that's a good thing.
I am doing much better at planning out my meals and couponing. It's getting easier!
I still failed at getting a personal fitness plan going. Not sure why its so hard but I need to lose weight!

Anything else noteworthy to include?
We made a trip to the ER during our vacation when Beth smashed her finger. It has healed really well and we are so grateful.

JJ had a febrile seizure. We were hoping he had outgrown it, but we are grateful he is doing fine now.

We were glad to have Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Lane and Clint spend some time with us during Spring Break.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :