Sunday, April 15, 2012

March 2012 Round-up



Since I have decided to take a little break from Life 365 this year, I have decided to participate in monthly Round-Ups instead! I've been following The Scrapbook Lady for years, and I have always admired her Round-ups. It was about time that I give it a try!


MARCH 2012

What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)

I am still on an audiobook kick. It has really helped me to get through those household mundane tasks that I procrastinate so much. So here is what I have been listening to this month:

Pretties by Scott Westerfield (Not finished yet )



Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins



I also actually set down and read a book too. I've really enjoyed having the opportunity to occasionally review books for my blog.

Motherhood Matters by Connie E. Sokol



What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)

Family Movie Nights: Robots, Rock-A-Doodle

The kids: Phineas and Ferb, Arthur, & My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Joey: Castle, John Adams, House, Alcatraz, Studio 60

Me: Chuck, Downton Abbey, Studio 60, The Hunger Games


What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Story@Home Conference - I got to attend this wonderful conference. It was a great mommy vacation and I'm still processing all the wonderful information. I hope to be able to implement it into my daily life soon!

I got to go to The Hunger Games on opening night with my cousin, Heather. I love being with her and it was so fun having someone to go to a movie with! Loved the movie too!

Dr. Seuss Day - We celebrated Dr. Seuss Day with a fun dinner!

Beth started her Spring Season of Soccer and its been fun to see how much she is improving. She scored a goal at her first game and that was truly exciting. She was also excited that her cousins/uncles/aunts (The Spencers and Cody & Becki) were in town for one of her games and even though it was kind of a distraction for her playing, it was great to have them there and visit!

We also got to have a picnic at the park with Uncle Cody, Aunt Becki, and Cousin Mallory. It was a fun visit and good to see them, now that they live in Vernal.


What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Nothing this month.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Nothing in particular this month.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I'm still working out my anxiety and depression.


What were my accomplishments this month?

This month rushed by so fast and I just didn't accomplish much.


What were my disappointments this month?

I'm having a hard time staying on top of my depression/anxiety. I keep forgetting to take my pills and it is making my body have some bad effects. Its been hard to just get through some days and it saddens me that I just don't have the energy that I would like to have. I've been extra tired this month and so I haven't been able to stay up like I'm used to. That is usually my time to get design work in and its just not happening like I would like it too.


How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)

We did a little better at doing more Scripture Study and Daily Lessons. It's still not where I want to be - but its becoming more of a habit and that's a good thing.

I am doing much better at planning out my meals and couponing. It's getting easier!

I still failed at getting a personal fitness plan going. Not sure why its so hard but I need to lose weight!


Anything else noteworthy to include?

I feel like it was another slow month for blogging. I've been really busy but not a lot to show for it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :