Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Texas Beef Brisket



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!
I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This has really great flavor! The brisket I bought was a little tough though. I think next time, I might try it in the crockpot and see if it is a little more tender. We served it with baked potatoes that we could just stick it in the oven with the brisket. All in all a really easy meal because I just prepared it the night before and stuck it in the oven the next day.
Texas Beef Brisket
This recipe is from emeals!


2 lbs beef brisket
1 t each onion, celery and garlic salt
2 T liquid smoke
2 T Worcestershire sauce
Fresh ground pepper

*Night before. Place brisket on large piece of aluminum foil. Rub brisket w/onion, garlic & celery salts. Pour liquid smoke over top. Seal up aluminum foil tightly around meat. Can double wrap if desired. Place in refrigerator overnight.

The next morning, unseal & pour Worcestershire sauce over brisket. Sprinkle w/fresh ground pepper; wrap in foil so no steam escapes. Place on baking pan. Bake @275 for apprx 3 hours. Slice against the grain to serve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :