Sunday, March 11, 2012

February 2012 Round-up



Since I have decided to take a little break from Life 365 this year, I have decided to participate in monthly Round-Ups instead! I've been following The Scrapbook Lady for years, and I have always admired her Round-ups. It was about time that I give it a try!


FEBRUARY 2012

What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)

I actually set down with the February Ensign and read through it this month. There is so much inspiration and enjoyment in this monthly magazine. Note to Self: Read the Ensign cover to cover every month.

I am still on an audiobook kick. It has really helped me to get through those household mundane tasks that I procrastinate so much. So here is what I have been listening to this month:

Uglies by Scott Westerfield


Since the movie is coming out next month - I wanted to re-read these ones!
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Haven't finished yet)



I also actually set down and read a book too. It's one that I have read before, but I wanted to re-read so I can get into the new series that is based off of this book.

Towers of Brierley by Anita Stansfield



Beth is my little reader. She is still into reading the Magic Treehouse Books, Secrets of Droon Books, Rainbow Magic Fairy Books, and lots of other smaller books. She has also been enjoying a bit of history and asking questions about the history of things. I've enjoyed seeing this new interest in her.


What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)

Family Movie Nights: A Bug's Life, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Big Miracle

The kids: Phineas and Ferb, Arthur, & My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Joey: Castle, John Adams, House, Alcatraz, The Sting, Downton Abbey

Me: Monk, Chuck, Downton Abbey


What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

I attended a little blogger meet 'n greet at a local store. It was a fun night of good food and visiting and meeting others. I enjoyed getting out of the house for a couple of hours and being a part of it.

For Valentine's Day, the kids celebrated at their schools. They really had a good time with their class parties. I was in charge of the craft at Beth's party and the kids loved putting together their own little "love note" mailboxes. We had a casual night at home. We ate heart pizzas and watched a movie.


What gifts did I give and/or receive?

I received several wonderful drawings from my kids this month - especially around Valentine's Day. The kids really love drawing and coloring and making pictures and cards for Joey and I.

I received a wonderful gift from my hubby. We didn't really celebrate Valentine's Day or anything....but he did say I could go to a conference that I have been really wanting to go to. So now I have registered for the Story@Home Conference next week. I'm so so excited to have a little time off from being a mom and wife and just have 2 days to myself to enjoy the conference.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Nothing in particular this month.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I'm still working out my anxiety and depression. I have good days and bad days. I'm getting a little sick of the roller coaster it has been but hopefully it will settle down and let me live my life.


What were my accomplishments this month?

I managed to get a Valentine's Kit in the store this month!

I also managed to get a pretty good blog schedule going with something posting everyday. I've tried to stay active on my Facebook page and hopefully I'm connecting with people.

My biggest accomplishment was applying and being accepted to do some freelance work for Pebbles in my Pocket. It is so exciting to have another place to be creative and get my name out there. I've done a few things so far and hopefully I'll be doing more next month!

I started couponing! It's been a hard thing to learn and I'm still struggling with it but I had my first shopping trip where I saved about $25.00. I'm still working out my organization and planning but hopefully I'll get there!

JJ got another silver arrow point and moved from being a Bear to Webelos. He's enjoying Scouts and has had a good time each week.

Beth is still doing really great at school and keeps earning awards for her reading. She also got a Viking Valor this month at her school which earned her a free meal at Burger King.


What were my disappointments this month?

My struggle with depression and anxiety is still getting me a little down. I've really had a bit of a hard time with getting myself together. I guess I just gotta keep moving forward and hopefully things will change.


How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)

At the beginning of the month, I made some goals that I am still trying to implement. It's been slow starting, but the last week or so, I have been doing better. I'm going to try and make these habits that will help my family grow together.

Scripture Study everyday with the kids and personally

Daily Lessons - I haven't done so good about having big family home evenings and I decided that I do better teaching my kids by the little things. So each weekday, I have a small lesson that I plan out to talk about with the kids. This could just be a quote, a picture, a scripture story, etc. The kids have been enjoying watching some of our Living Scriptures movies and doing the quizzes at the end and I really feel like more of the scripture stories are being remembered now.

I also have planned out my menus/grocery shopping/couponing and I hope to get better at this.

Where I failed miserably this month is my fitness. I got out of practice of doing my daily exercising and I need and want to get back on track and lose some weight.


Anything else noteworthy to include?

I feel like this was kind of a slow month. We didn't do a whole lot of things outside of the normal schedule at home. I guess I need to spark up the household activities a little bit next month.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :