Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recipe Thursday - BBQ Chicken Skillet



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This was good. Such a change from red sauce over pasta! Unfortunately when I made this I forgot I didn't have sour cream, so I just substituted cream cheese and Worchestershire Sauce. I also only had monterey jack/cheddar blend of cheese so I used that. But I think it worked! I also added some corn. I was wishing I would have had some green pepper or something, but it still turned out okay. My kids and I liked it - Joey said it was okay. I don't think he thought the flavor of BBQ went with Pasta, but I thought it was a great change! Give it a try and let me know what YOU think!

BBQ Chicken Skillet
by Mel from Kitchen Cafe


1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
1 red onion, diced
3 cups water
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 ounces penne pasta
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat (you could also use a large pot if you don’t have a skillet this big). When hot, add the chicken and onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions to a plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, add the water, chicken broth, penne and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the liquid is almost absorbed, the pasta is tender and the mixture is thick and syrupy. Stir in the barbecue sauce and sour cream. Once mixed, add in the reserved chicken, onions and shredded cheese. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through.
Serve immediately and garnish with additional red or green onions and shredded cheese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :