Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recipe Thursday - 4 Layer Bars



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
These are one of my husband's very favorite treats. It was one of the first things I had to make for him when we got married. I got the recipe from his mom, but I have tweaked it slightly to make it a bit more gooey!


4 Layer Bars
by DeDe Smith

1 cube of butter
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 bag chocolate chips
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 can condensed milk

In a 8x8 glass pan or a glass brownie pan - melt butter in microwave. Add the graham crackers and press into the button of the pan. Then add the following in evenly spread layers in this order: chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts. Then pour condensed milk over the top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :