Thursday, November 3, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Beef Pot Pie



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
I admit, Beef Pot Pie is not my favorite. But my husband prefers it, so its good to make this every once in a while too! I changed it up this time and used 4 pie crusts and a little more ingredients and put it in a 9x13!


Beef Pot Pie
by DeDe Smith

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
minced garlic
1 green bell pepper
2 cups cooked beef, cubed or shredded (I used stew beef)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 potatoes, diced
1 envelope brown gravy mix
2 prepared refrigerated pie crusts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, potatoes and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.

Add beef and mixed vegetables to skillet. Prepare gravy according to package directions; add to skillet. Stir gently to combine.

Fit one pastry into a 9 inch deep-dish pie pan. Spoon beef and vegetable mixture into pastry.

Top beef mixture with remaining pastry. Seal edges with a fork. Cut 3 steam vents in the crust. Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, about 35 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :