Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life 2011: Week 45




Monday, October 31, 2011


Happy Halloween! My kiddos were the cutest this year. Beth was a beautiful Belle and she even had her Beast with her. JJ was Agent P and he thought his costume was the best ever - so we're pretty happy around here. I went to JJ's Halloween Parade at his school and then headed over to help out at Beth's Halloween Party in her class. I cooked up some mummy hot dogs and Mac and Cheese for dinner. I was still feeling sick today, so Joey took the kids to the mall for trick or treating and then to a couple of houses on our street. They ran into the Price's and Beth was so excited - she got to go with her friend Annie to some neighborhood trick-or-treating. JJ hung out with Joey and me. It was a good Halloween.


Tuesday, November 1, 2011


Joey has been so committed to coming home at 6pm every night. It has been a blessing and the kids are loving it. They have been doing puzzles and playing games and just being together.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011


Our pumpkins had their last lighting tonight. The kids are sad Halloween is over. They are still wearing their costumes everyday, but that works for me. JJ just loves his costume and I'm so glad that I was able to make it work. We combined their candy stashes into one bowl and it will be used as desserts/special treats when they do their chores.


Thursday, November 3,
2011


Fall Sunsets are amazing. I peeked out my bedroom window just in time to capture this. I am really suffering health wise. I can't seem to get over being sick. First it was flu, then my period, then I had a day of food poisoning, and now I don't know what's up with me. Blech.


Friday, November 4, 2011


Joey had his podcast tonight and then stayed with Pete since he has a meeting in the morning. The kids and I hung out. We ordered Pizza in and the kids watched a movie. I'm still feeling pretty yucky.


Saturday, November 5, 2011


So the Utah snowstorms have started. Orem is in a bit of a hole and we didn't have any of the snow actually stick. We have lots of yellow leaves on our lawn though. Once Joey got home, he played with the kids all day so I could get more rest. JJ started having headaches today so he isn't feeling so good either. I've got to get better so I can do a major cleaning of the house and get these viruses killed.


Sunday, November 6, 2011


Well this day couldn't have gone much worse. It began at 3am when Beth threw up. I got her in the shower, soaped her up and before we could rinse her off - a pipe broke. Joey spent the next couple of hours under the house in the freezing cold trying to fix it. He did a temporary fix, because he didn't have what he needed. We had no hot water. Beth was sick, JJ was sick, I was sick, Joey wasn't feeling too good either at this point. So at about 5 am we checked into a hotel. We all really appreciated the hot showers and we tried to rest up a little bit. We tried making it an adventure for the kids, so they wouldn't realize how frustrated Joey and I were. I think it worked because they actually had a good time. 7 hours later, we checked out and went home. Of course we had to miss church again. But Joey was able to get the parts he needed and get the pipes fixed. Joey hung out with the kids again while I rested more. I need to be a real mom again - I think I'm just going to have to buck up and make it a better week for all of us.


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :