Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Lasagna Roll-ups



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This is a great way to make Lasagna in a lot less amount of time! I unfortunately didn't realize that I only had the no-boil noodles and so I couldn't make it work for roll-ups so I used the recipe and just layered the noodles. So you can do it either way!
Lasagna Roll-ups
by DeDe Smith



12 lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 egg
parsley
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
8 oz Italian sausage
1 jar marinara sauce, divided
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.

Mix ricotta, egg, parsley, and 1 cup mozzarella in a bowl; set aside.

Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain fat.

Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread 3 tbsp ricotta mixture on each noodle; top with some sausage. Roll up each noodle. Arrange seam sides down in baking dish.

Top roll-ups with remaining sauce and mozzarella. Bake, loosely covered for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :