Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Chicken Cordon Bleu



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Is there anything more yummy than chicken, ham and cheese? Serve this up with some rice pilaf and its the perfect homecooked meal!


Chicken Cordon Bleu
by DeDe Smith


6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
ham, thin slices
swiss cheese
3 tbsp butter
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pound chicken between heavy duty plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness with a meat mallet.

Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place ham slices on each chicken piece, add swiss cheese and roll up. Tuck in sides and secure with toothpicks.

Melt butter in a baking dish in the oven. Dip chicken rolls in butter and roll in bread crumbs to coat.

Arrange chicken in baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour until chicken is cooked through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :