Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Sausage & Green Bean Pasta



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This was delicious and was perfect for using up some of the garden vegetables that some wonderful friends shared with me!


Sausage Green Bean Pasta
by Shandra from Deals to Meals

2 medium sized potatoes (red or russet), washed and diced into small pieces
16 oz. penne pasta
2 c. fresh green beans, rinsed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small yellow squash, washed and cut into pieces (I added corn and zucchini too)
1 onion, diced
1 lb. ground pork hot sausage
1/2 red bell pepper, diced (or green, yellow or orange) (I used green and red)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. chicken broth (I wanted it a little creamier too - so I added a little bit of heavy cream too)
1/2-3/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated 1 t. Italian seasoning 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste


Place the potatoes, green beans, and pasta into a large pot or saute pan with several inches of water. Boil until pasta is tender as well as beans and potatoes. Drain the potatoes, noodles and beans through a strainer and rinse with cold water so that they will stop cooking.

In the same saute pan, brown the sausage, onions and garlic until the onions are soft. Add the red peppers and yellow squash (or whatever garden produce you choose to use) and saute until they are tender. Once everything is cooked, add the potatoes, noodles and beans back to the pan. Add the chicken stock, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Serve warm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :