Thursday, September 15, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Hot Fudge Sauce



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Who doesn't love Hot Fudge? Yummy! I knew I had to try this as soon as I saw the recipe. When I was making this, it was late at night on a design binge and I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate, so I used some Chocolate-Flavored Almond Bark. It actually worked out great! I accidently added a little too much water and vanilla, so it didn't set up like it should, but the flavor was awesome!


Hot Fudge Sauce
by Annie from Annie's Eats

4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
6 tbsp corn syrup
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Combine the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth. Meanwhile, heat the water to boiling in a small heavy saucepan. When the chocolate and butter have melted, stir the mixture into the boiling water. Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt, and mix until smooth. Increase the heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Adjust the heat so that the sauce is just maintained at the boiling point. Allow to boil for nine minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Stir in the rum until smooth. Serve warm over ice cream.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring until shiny and smooth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :