Thursday, September 1, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
I love the comfort of Chicken Pot Pie, even in the summer. I need a little work on working with pie shells, but it was still yummy. You could easily make this a Beef Pot Pie or others by substituting the flavors (like Beef Broth and stew beef, etc.).


Chicken Pot Pie
by DeDe Smith

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 package of frozen mixed vegetables
2-3 Potatoes
1/2 cup celery
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
1 package of Chicken Gravy Mix
1 can Chicken Broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of Cream of Potato soup
1 cup milk
2 unbaked pie crusts


In a pot of boiling water, add chicken, vegetables, potatoes, and celery. Boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is completely cooked. Drain and set aside.

In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter, until soft. Then add Chicken Broth, Gravy mix, cream soups, milk, and salt and pepper.Simmer until thick. If it is not thickening enough, you can add a little flour.

Combine the Chicken and vegetables with the sauce.

Put 1 pie crust in the bottom of your pie plate and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven.

Place chicken mixture in bottom of your pie plate and cover with the other pie crust. Seal edges and make several small slits in the crust.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :